Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Bern Bears

Many of you may have seen my pictures of the kids with statues of bears. When we moved here, we noticed statues of bears everywhere. Come to find out the town of New Bern's symbol is the bear. OK that's cool, then we started to realize that these are not plain old bear statutes. These bears all are different and  that intrigued me. So I had to do research on them. Theses bears are part of a public art project to celebrate the town's 300th anniversary. Come to found out there are 50 bear statues and I plan to get a picture of the kids with all of them. So you will periodically see pictures of the kids with the bears until I get one of all of them. here is a picture of all fifty bears...
some pics with the kids and the bears:
"Dr.Paws" dentist bear

Harvest bear

Football Champ Bear

Judge Bear
Brier bear 
  Bearer of rights bear

No comments:

Post a Comment